During the conversation, Ebuka suggested that Barry appeared to be the person many women turned to whenever they needed “a shoulder to lean on.”
Barry, however, rejected the idea that he was a second choice for the women, saying his relationship with them was based on friendship and trust.
“I wouldn’t say second option. I’m friends to them. I feel like they trust me with conversations, so I wouldn’t say I am an option for them,” Barry said.
When Ebuka pressed him on whether he considered himself an option to the women, Barry made his position clear.
“You are not an option?” Ebuka asked.
Barry responded that he did not want to occupy such a position in their lives.
“Yes, and I don’t want to be an option for them,” he said.
Asked why, Barry gave a blunt explanation that generated further interest in the conversation.
“Because I have my options already, so being an option for them will be very bad for them,” he said.
The exchange has since attracted attention online, particularly because of Barry’s distinction between being a trusted friend and being considered a romantic alternative.
His comments also highlight the sometimes complicated boundaries that can exist in friendships where one person frequently provides emotional support to members of the opposite sex.

Comments
Post a Comment