“I Was Never Flirting With Alicia” — Neon Adejo Explains Selfie Request

Nigerian gospel singer Neon Adejo has addressed allegations surrounding his conversations with Alicia, the estranged wife of photographer David Martins, insisting that there was nothing romantic or flirtatious about their interaction.

Adejo spoke out amid a growing social-media controversy after private conversations between him and Alicia were brought into the public domain. Reports circulating online say the photographer had raised questions about the nature of the relationship between his wife and the gospel singer.

In his response, Adejo explained that his wife was aware of the situation and that they had been praying about it.

“My wife and I have been praying about this. I was never flirting with Alicia.”

According to the singer, the interaction being questioned began when Alicia told him she wanted to get her hair and nails done. He said he paid for the beauty treatment and later asked her to send him a selfie.

Adejo said the request was not motivated by romantic interest. Rather, he claimed he wanted to appreciate the person who had worked on her appearance.

“Alicia told me she wanted to get her nails and hair done, and I paid for it. When she was done, I asked her to send me a selfie so I could appreciate my friend who did her hair.”

The gospel singer's explanation comes as the dispute continues to generate reactions online, with social-media users examining the messages and offering differing interpretations of the exchanges.

Adejo has therefore maintained that the conversations have been misunderstood and that he did not engage Alicia romantically. His comments add another perspective to a controversy that has already spilled into public view, with the parties involved giving different accounts of the circumstances surrounding the messages.

For now, the allegations remain a matter of competing accounts, with Adejo firmly denying that he flirted with Alicia.

Comments

Earn Free Bitcoin